This award recognizes a CANO/ACIO member whose actions support the concept of patient advocacy and decision making, or who promotes change within the oncology/hematology communities.
Canadian Association of Nurses in Oncology (CANO) call for nominations: Lymphoma Canada Award of Excellence in Honour of the Heos Family
This award, sponsored by Lymphoma Canada in honour of the Heos family, recognizes a CANO/ACIO member whose actions support the concept of patient advocacy and decision making, or who promotes change within the oncology/hematology communities.
Does at least two of the following describe a nurse you know? If so, NOMINATE them!
- Has developed a resource or program which helps to improve oncology/hematology patient care at the agency, community, provincial or national level
- Has acted as an agent of change for patients diagnosed with cancer or hematologic conditions
- Demonstrates leadership by developing, supporting or facilitating initiatives that improve patient outcomes
- Develops, leads, or facilitates a patient/caregiver support group
- Counsels patients/caregivers regarding treatment decision-making
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and exceptional compassion for patients undergoing treatment
- Demonstrates recognition of the unique social and psychological needs presented by hematology/oncology patients
The deadline for nominations is June 30, 2015.
*** To nominate you MUST be a healthcare professional.
For more information about the Lymphoma Canada Award of Excellence, you may visit CANO/ACIO’s website