Don’t be surprised if you find transitioning to your new normal both physically and emotionally tiring. Combining these challenges with a school schedule can add more stress to this stage of your lymphoma experience. Here are some tips for helping you transition back to school:
- Take it easy for and remember that your health is your number one priority – do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Contact your friends and schoolmates to get updates about changes to your courses or campus life.
- Visit your campus for a few social events before going back, regardless of whether you are returning on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Meet with a close friend for the first few days that you are on campus to help you get comfortable with your transition back to school.
- Share your lymphoma experience with certain individuals and be prepared to handle insensitive questions or comments.
You may find it helpful at this time to find support and encouragement from other young survivors who have already transitioned back to school.