Position Title: Graphic Design Intern
Start Date: mid- March 2014
Organization: Lymphoma Canada
End Date: end of October 2014
Department: Marketing and Communications
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday
Number of Openings: 2
Hour per Week: 15-35 hours/week
Duration: 2 Weeks to 4 Months
Positions: Part-Time/ Full -Time
Lymphoma affects many people, from patients, family and caregivers, to medical professionals and researchers. Lymphoma Canada (LC) connects and empowers this community through education, support and research. Together we are promoting early detection, finding new and better treatments, helping patients access those treatments, learning lymphoma causes, and finding a cure.
This exciting position is ideal for a recent graduate or a junior/senior student in a graphic design program. It will provide you with valuable work experience through meaningful contributions to the creative identity on several of the organizations projects. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Programs, the Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Lymphoma Canada staff to promote upcoming events and initiatives through the creation of eye catching marketing and communication materials. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and begin to make a name for yourself.
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This may include logos, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Work closely with a project team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into marketing materials.
- Editing photos and videos for social medias, advertising, and listings
- Assist with creating unique marketing materials for cross segments of social, economic, and geographic ( local and national) markets
- Website management and maintenance
- Other duties, as required.
- Working as a part of a team
- Developing a project plan
- Independently work on the production design of marketing materials for the organization
- Creating and execute new marketing initiatives through research and with the support of the marketing and communications team.
- Developing creative for key initiatives
- Assisting with the updating the website
- Designing imagery for the promotion of upcoming events and projects
- Improving image quality and design layouts
- Project manage and organize design assignments
- Photography as needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to take direction well, but work independently when needed
- Can be creative and thinks “outside of the box”
- An entrepreneurial minded self-starter, who is looking to work in a dynamic and growing organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the application form.
No phone calls please. We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, unfortunately, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.