Supportive therapies are often given to prevent or treat CLL and SLL symptoms and/or treatment side effects.
Supportive care for CLL or SLL can include:
- Antibiotics to treat infections caused by bacteria or fungi.
- Antivirals to treat infections caused by viruses.
- Blood transfusions or growth factors to increase red blood cell counts.
- Intravenous or subcutaneous immunoglobulin (IVIG or SCIG) treatments may be used to help boost your immune system.
- Growth factors to increase white blood cell counts or boost immunoglobulin levels.