Lymphoma Canada (LC) is a fast paced organization looking to hire a volunteer interested in utilizing all areas in the public relations field. It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements and appearances
- Write press releases and other materials
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings
- Create or update databases
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to take direction well, but work independently when needed.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
- General administrative tasks.
- Project management experience
- Strong leader and collaborator with excellent attention to detail
- Possesses excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English.
- Can be creative and thinks “outside of the box”.
- Is an entrepreneurial minded self-starter, and is looking to work in a dynamic and growing organization.
- Strong critical thinking skills