Position Title: Fundraising and Event Intern
Start Date: mid- March 2014
Organization: Lymphoma Canada
End Date: end of October 2014
Department: Fundraising and Development
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday
Number of Openings: 2
Hour per Week: 15-30 hours/week
Duration: 4 months
Lymphoma affects many people, from patients, family and caregivers, to medical professionals and researchers. Lymphoma Canada (LC) connects and empowers this community through education, support and research. Together we are promoting early detection, finding new and better treatments, helping patients access those treatments, learning lymphoma causes, and finding a cure.
This exciting position is ideal for a recent graduate or senior student in a fundraising, events management, or hospitality program. It will provide you with valuable work experience through the planning and execution of the organizations recently developed signature event. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working with the Event Director, the Fundraising and Event Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Lymphoma Canada staff, with specific emphasis on committee and participant support. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and begin to make a name for yourself.
- Support all aspects of organizing, promoting, and delivering the organizations first pledged-based fundraising event. This can include participant recruitment, working on event logistics, sourcing giveaways, working with volunteers, liaising with vendors, assisting with overall event execution, database management, and reporting.
- Provides administrative support to the CEO and Event Director including word processing, data entry, list management, revenue/expense monitoring, scheduling, filing, faxing, mailing, and emailing.
- Supports event committees including planning and notification, preparing meeting materials, and minutes as required.
- Word with e-Tapestry Database Administrator and Artez Fundraising portal Administrator to ensure accurate tracking of financial and registration information, within the organizations financial procedures.
- Supports the CEO and Event Driector with the production of event related materials
- Oversees the distribution of the event related materials and supplies
- Oversees event participant registration and assists with special requests
- Leads early registration incentive program, including tracking registrants and delivering on content give a ways
- Responds to inquiries from partners, staff, volunteers, and the general public
- Monitors and manages the events email address
- Assists in the recruitment, coordination , and training of event volunteers
- Other duties, as required.
- Working as a part of a team
- Understanding the process involved in starting a new signature peer-to-peer event
- Developing a project plan
- Managing deadlines for projects through regular and ongoing communication with staff, volunteers, vendors, etc.
- Budget management
- Reporting and Tracking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with donors, sponsors, and with confidential or sensitive matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Familiarity with fundraising practices and procedures
- Fundraising/event software experience with Artez an asset
- Ability to speak and write in French an asset
- Able to take direction well, but work independently when needed
- Possesses excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English
- Can be creative and thinks “outside of the box”
- An entrepreneurial minded self-starter, who is looking to work in a dynamic and growing organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the application form.
No phone calls please. We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, unfortunately, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.