Thank you for choosing Lymphoma Canada as a beneficiary of your third-party event. These types of initiatives are key to our success and we recognize the effort it takes to organize and execute third-party fundraising activities.
To help your event run smoothly, we have created guidelines for fundraising held on behalf of Lymphoma Canada. Please read these guidelines carefully before completing the event request form and commencing fundraising activities. We ask that you register your event via our Event Proposal Form. Approval will be granted on a per-event basis. Applicants must reapply annually for approval.
Lymphoma Canada can help in the following ways:
- By providing an online fundraising page for your event.
- Help guide your fundraising efforts by discussing event ideas with you.
- Assist with event promotion by listing it on Lymphoma Canada social media platforms.
- Send a Lymphoma Canada representative to attend your event, if available.
- Provide you with Lymphoma Canada resources (brochures and other patient resource materials).
- Issue tax receipts, subject to Canada Revenue Guidelines. Please refer to the Tax Receipt Guidelines.
- Authorize the use of our name and logo for your Lymphoma Canada fundraising event.
Lymphoma Canada cannot do the following:
- Reimburse or fund any event expenses.
- Provide a donor or sponsor list.
- Apply for gaming licenses for your event. For example, raffle, liquor, or insurance.
- Guarantee the attendance of staff or volunteers at your event.
- Solicit donations, sponsorships, or gifts-in-kind for auctions or raffles on your behalf. The event organizer is responsible for all canvassing.
- Provide tax receipts for cash or in-kind goods that were not directly received by Lymphoma Canada.
Tax Receipt Guidelines
- Lymphoma Canada is only permitted to issue tax receipts to individuals who make a donation without receiving a tangible item or benefit in return.
- Lymphoma Canada can only issue tax receipts for the amount of the donation received by Lymphoma Canada.
- Tax receipts cannot be issued for funds used to cover the costs of the event or other administrative expenses incurred by the Third-Party Organizer.
- Tax receipts will be issued by Lymphoma Canada once net funds are remitted with a list of donor names, addresses, and amounts of individual donations.
For more information, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/charities/operating-a-registered-charity/issuing-receipts/fundraising-events-issuing-receipts.html
Lymphoma Canada does NOT permit the following types of fundraisers in a third-party context:
- Programs that raise money on commission.
- Events that do not comply with Lymphoma Canada’s mission and/or programmatic activities.
- Events that involve the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity.
- Direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing or telemarketing)
What Lymphoma Canada requests of third-party fundraisers:
- That you register new initiatives or update us on continuing events or promotions. It is important that our office is aware of initiatives that are held in support of our programs.
- It is the organizer’s responsibility to communicate to sponsors, participants, and the general public that Lymphoma Canada is not conducting the event or promotion but is a beneficiary.