Lymphoma Canada is a fast paced organization looking to hire a volunteer coordinator that will be responsible for the planning, recruitment, screening, selection of volunteers. A key component of this position is the promotion of volunteering opportunities to the public, and maintaining a positive image of the organization within the community.
- Determine needs for volunteers according to the needs of department staff and events
- Recruit volunteers according to the needs
- Utilize CRM system to maintain volunteer records
- Process background screening for volunteers
- Organize training and orientations for volunteers
- Assign, supervise and evaluate volunteers and/or assist supervisory staff in this task.
- Write Volunteer Job descriptions
- Plan and facilitate meetings for volunteers and coordinate activities.
- Coordinate special activities or projects for volunteers
- Work with LC staff member to develop, prepare and deliver educational materials for volunteer training and communications.
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office, Social Media, and working with databases (non-technical)
- Ability to work independently
- Good decision making skills
- Strong problem solving
- Project management experience
- Strong leader and collaborator with excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in French would be an asset
- Strong critical thinking skills