Your support means a lot; we are here to help you reach your fundraising goal!
THE MORE COMMITTED TO YOUR CAMPAIGN YOU ARE, THE MORE DONORS YOU WILL ATTRACT.
1. Customize your personal page
- Tell your story; what inspired you to register?
- Highlight your belief in the value of living a healthy lifestyle, being happy and making a difference.
- Include photos or videos; add fun facts about yourself.
- Participants with personalized pages raise 20% more than those who don’t personalize their pages.
- Use the event banner–people like images.
- Review the sample notes we have created to assist you with your personal page. See if one fits well for you.
- Let people know they will receive a tax receipt for donations over $10.00.
2. Reach out to your network
- Use the donor checklist and email a donation request to all the people you know .You never know whose life may have been affected by lymphoma or other cancers.
- Follow up personally with as many people as possible.
- Engage their support by asking them to forward your donation request to their friends and families.
- Some companies offer matching gift programs for employees’ donations to charities. Ask your company if they would make a corporate donation to support your effort.
3. Include facts about lymphoma
- Share important information about lymphoma when requesting a donation.
- Lymphoma is the 5th most common cancer in Canada, the most common cancer in teenagers and young adults ages 15-29 and the 3rd most common cancer in kids.
- Every 45 minutes someone is diagnosed with lymphoma. Lymphoma strikes randomly.
4. Keep in touch and be persistent
- Everyone is busy, make sure to follow up and provide reminders. It can take up to three or four emails before someone makes a donation.
- Try using the old fashion way–pick up the phone and connect live with your donors.
5. Use Social Media Tools to Create a Buzz
- Share your journey, provide event updates, upload photos to encourage others to support you.
Link your individual and/or team page on Facebook, LinkedIn and create a Twitter team account. Hashtag suggestions: #takeittothemat #tittm #yoga #wellness #fundraise #lymphoma #community #giveback #fun #fitness #health #toronto #community
6. Close to your goal and stuck?
- It’s 6 weeks before the event and you need to reach your goal, fundraising has slowed down. Send an eBlast asking your network for $31 by the 31st of the month to help you reach your goal.
- Have a garage or yard sale
- Keep it simple–have a bake sale
- Offer to send a picture of yourself doing something funny or silly when someone donates $50.
- Get creative, ask your hairdresser, manicurist, or favourite coffee shop to donate a portion of their sales to your campaign, maybe on your birthday.
- If you haven’t tried using social media to request donations give it a try, what can you lose?
7. The more the merrier – Create a team –
TOGETHER, EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE.
There are different types of teams: family and/or friends and corporate.
8. You reached your goal, what’s next?
- Raise your fundraising goal!
- Follow up with people who have not yet donated to your campaign.
- Make a personal donation to yourself.
- Ask friends and colleagues for ideas to raise more funds.
- Get creative; ask your hairdresser, manicurist, or favourite coffee shop to donate a portion of their sales to your campaign, maybe on your birthday.
9. Fundraising etiquette
SEND A THANK YOU EMAIL
- It is important to send a thank you to all donors for their support; send a personalized thank-you note once a donation is received and provide an update on fundraising progress.
- Do not wait. As time goes by it is easy to forget this step. Let your donor network know you appreciate their contribution.
For additional support please email firstname.lastname@example.org